Monday, August 15, 2005

You can't help but psychologize this...




Back from my little vacation (camping at Lake Chelan, with my son, who loved it), I noticed this bit from Kos quoting George W. Bush from this article:

"But whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."

"But," he added, "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."...

"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy," he said when asked about bike riding while a grieving mom wanted to speak with him. "And part of my being is to be outside exercising."



I'm in pretty good shape but I don't exercise 2 hours every day. The fact that he's avoiding a grieving mother - as Kos says - he fears facing the consequences of his actions - illustratges his fear of accountability- even Bush knows, deep down, that he's screwed up royally. Let's face it: every single - every single- justification that's been made for this war has been founded on a lie. And the situation there is worse for our being there, not better.

It's why the right wing slime machine's been manufacturing outrage against Sheehan. They want to deny the consequences of their actions at all costs: it is sociopathy as foreign policy.

As Cindy Sheehan herself says:

George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14) WHAT!!!!!????? He has to get on with his life!!! I am so offended by that statement. Every person, war fan, or not, who has had a child killed in this mistake of an occupation should be highly offended by that remark. Who does he think he is? I wish I could EVER be able to get on with my life. Getting on with my life means a life without my dear, sweet boy. Getting on with my life means learning to live with a pain that is so intense that sometimes I feel like throwing up, or screaming until I pass out from sorrow. I wish a little bike ride could help me get on with my life.

need to focus on the positive, though, and there is so much. I had so many amazing things happen today. I couldn't walk through Camp Casey or the Crawford Peace House today without hugging people and getting my picture taken. Now I know how Mickey Mouse feels at Disneyland. I had a soldier from Ft. Hood come out today and he brought me a small stone with a First Cavalry insignia painted on it and the pictures of three of his beautiful buddies who were murdered there by George's reckless policies. It was such an incredible moment for me when he said: "Keep on doing what you are doing. We are so proud of you. Casey would be so proud of you."


This is the other thing that Bush - and the right wing slime machine fears: a sincere response to the insanity - sincerity to the point of spirituality.

Bush cannot possibly "get on with his life" without truly "meeting" the Cindy Sheehans. Cindy Sheehan need not meet with Bush to know she has already accomplished something.

Cindy Sheehan is only asking Bush to be what he said he would be way back in January of 2001: to be president of all the people.






No comments: