Saturday, December 03, 2005

Seven

I've been tagged by tgirsch with the 7 X 7 meme:

And so it is...

Here's what's asked for:

1. Seven things to do before I die
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to (…)
4. Seven things I say most often
5. Seven books (or series) that I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too.

So, here we go:

Seven things to do before I die:

1. Teach a few people what I know about mindfulness, so that they can teach a few people what they know (hopefully more) about mindfulness.

2. Visit Mongolia, Vietnam, Tahiti, and places like that.

3. Learn Kendo

4. Make sure, to within my ability, that my son is "set" for life.

5. Be part of the next three "big ideas" in areas related to either communication systems or nanotech or perhaps both.

6. Take a long, romantic vacation with my wife. Maybe when my son's in college.

7. Make a killing in the market as it goes through a major inflection point, and then use the proceeds to help bring America back from the abyss.

Seven things I cannot do

1. Sew anything other than to repair a button that's come off.

2. Walk on water.

3. Swim on land.

4. Get rid all of either mine or my wife's foibles that, while slightly annoying from time to time, is eventually too minor to really matter at all.

5. Enlighten anyone.

6. Eliminate suffering.

7. Wave a magic wand and watch Republicans experience instant karma.

Oh, wait, that's only 7...
Seven things that attract me to my wife:

1. She's attactive.
2. She's sensible.
3. She's forgiving.
4. She's fluent in English and 3 dialects of Chinese.
5. She likes to be with me.
6. She's not a spendthrift.
7. She takes good care of my son and I.

Seven things I say most often

1. "Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle"
2. "I'd complain, but who'd listen?"
3. "Exactly"
4. Kansha shimasu (I'm grateful, in Japanese)
5. "Errrr..."
6. "I love you"
7. "Eat!" (to my son.)

Seven books (or series) that I love

1. The Brothers Karamazov, by Dostoyevsky
2. The Politics of Experience, by R.D. Laing
3. The Illusion of Technique, by William Barrett
4. Summerhill - A Radical Approach to Child Rearing, by A. S. Neill
5. War- The Lethal Custom, by Gwynne Dyer
6. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
7. Moon in a Dewdrop- Writings of Zen Master Dogen

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)

1. Goodfellas
2. Kill Bill Vol. I
3. Kill Bill Vol. II
4. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (mostly because my son watches it over and over and over again)
5. Sharkskin Man and Peach Hip Girl
6. The Producers (the original- I can only hope they have not violated the 1960's ethos in the re-make.)
7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Seven people I want to join in, too

I want? Well, if they have the time and patience of course. It's actually much more time consuming to blog about myself according to a form like this than it is to blog about the stuff I normally blog about...let's see...

How about:

1. Richard Bennett
2. Danny Fisher - not that I expect him to actually respond, but...
3. Jeff Goldstein
4. What the heck, you didn't say anything about duplication...Joe Carter.
5. Paul Deignan
6. Bitch Ph.D.


Maybe their lists will contain duplicate information, and one can threaten to sue the other over it...

And last, but not least, 'cause he's so responsive to all the other things I've written,

7. William Dembski

That's over with...

No comments: