Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Disgruntled Chemist Knows hat J. Z. Knight Knows...

When I was quite a bit younger, I worked in a company in which the vice president of research and development was an uber-WASP by the name of Randolph H. Cope, who preferred, despite his stiff, funereal manner, to go by the name of "Randy."

One year, he deviated from his customary Christmas custom of wishing everyone a merry Christmas, so I and a young colleague took it on ourselves to wish all a merry Christmas in his name- and mannerism.

As I was doing speech compression research at the time, I managed to digitize his voice, which later became famous throughout the company as "rappin' Randy."

One of rappin' Randy's favorite words were a serious, funereal pronouncement of appreciation of good work by saying the word "Outstanding."

Which is what this post by the Disgruntled Chemist is on "What the Bleep do We Know."

HT: Pharyngula.

No comments: