Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Rick Warren, please don't associate yourself with Buddhists

at least as long as you have contempt for atheists...

.. "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist," Warren told Fox News anchors Steve Doocy and Martha MacCallum Monday.

"You know, Steve, if I'm walking down a mountain and I see rock out of place and I go 'that's an accident.' If I'm walking down a mountain -- on the trail -- and I find a Rolex that's evidence of design," he explained. "It actually takes more faith not to believe in God than to believe in God."...


While Warren scoffs at atheists, he seemed to respect every other belief system. "The are 600 million Buddhists in the world. There are 800 million Hindus. There are one and a half billion Muslims and there are 2.3 billion Christians. The actual number of secularists in the world is actually quite small outside of Europe and Manhattan," said Warren. "You know the future of the world -- you may not like this -- is not secularism, it's pluralism. So we better find out what everybody believes."



There's way worse things you can write about Warren these days (just google "Rick Warren gays Uganda, e.g.) but the idea that he can lump Buddhists such as myself with snake handling creationists, well, even the Dalai Lama's not one of those.

No comments: