Friday, March 23, 2012

Off on business...but a couple of pending ideas...

I'm off to Korea on business, and don't know when I'll get to post or how much in the next week or two, but I thought I might point out a couple of ideas in embryonic stage right now:

1. I saw on Algernon's blog a post on pink slime and vegetarianism. As a non-vegetarian, as a person who is fascinated by blurring borders and deconstruction of categories (including that of life and death), I have some points with which to respond in this on-going conversation.

2. Regarding blurring boundaries of life and death, awareness and non-awareness, I've a bit more to say about the Internet of Things and universal awareness.  Mainly though, it's that the design of the Internet of Things must be done without regard for the metaphysical.  Sorry folks, but we see through a glass darkly as one guy wrote, but we engineers must design towards the sensible and observable and measurable. 

I'll be back.

No comments: