But having read a number of Buddhist blogs over the past few days, and informed by the major Crap in which I'm wading at present, please keep in mind:
- It's not about "bliss."
- It's not about "flashing on Big Mind."
- It's not about appreciating a cup of tea. At least not in its entirety.
- It's not just about Burma.
- It's not about being trendy.
- It's not about having or not having a philosophy of mindfulness.
- It's not about expressing some religious alternative to monotheism.
- It's not about having the true bestest Buddhism.
It is about the fact that suffering is ubiquitous in this life, and there is a cause of suffering, and there is transcendence of suffering and a means of transcendence.
This ain't hype fortunately. Because when you're wading through a Whole Bunch of Crap All at Once, chances are, the ability to mitigate suffering if not entirely transcend it proves to be useful to yourself and those around you.