Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Thanksgiving....




It's 6 in the morning or thereabouts, and I've just realized that the dish I will be making for Thanksgiving, Fire Roasted Goose, evidently does not exist according to Google.

But having done the marinade prep yesterday I can most certainly assure you that not only does the dish exist (although I have only so far found dishes that allude to the existence of "fire roasted duck," and do not reveal the underlying recipe, which I have lovingly adapted for goose - one of those reasons I don't do turkey on Thanksgiving), but when fortune smiles on something as tasty as fire roasted goose, it seems like proof no other that not only does Dionysius exists, but you're doing his will...

I suspect - at least in English- my wife's duck recipe doesn't exist either, according to Google.

I guess there's a message in there about people taking Google as somehow authoritative, but regardless I've got to get my butt in gear soon to actually sew up the goose, get the giblets in a good place. I've got plans for them involving - going off the low carb thing for the day or so, involving sauteeing potatoes, mushrooms, onions in goose fat and foie gras, and adding a sprig of cilantro at the end to complement the dish...


No comments: