Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Creationist chuckles...

PZ Meyers reminds me, via this chortler at "Uncommon Descent" (into what? stupidity? ) that as I was trying to get my mind to turn off yesterday, I had found that wonderful program with cheesey graphics, "The Creation Network."

And they were highlighting creationist Robert Gentry, who claimed there's polonium where there shouldn't be any in granite; polonium has a short 1/2 life, therefore, -POW!- instant creation. Only....as a geologist who knows better than I says, "there is no good evidence they are the result of polonium decay as opposed to any other radioactive isotope, or even that they are caused by radioactivity at all. "

Gentry, as it turns out, has a website. He seems a bit peeved that his dogma is not taken seriously by scientists.

No comments: