Friday, July 14, 2006

Deep blogger apology

I have been awfully busy deriving something that in certain contexts is the greatest thing since sliced bread; some of the best work I've done in years. It reminds me of an episode of "Taxi" in which Jim goes to a party, plays the piano like an master, and says, in amazement, "I must have taken piano lessons."

Seriously, I'd almost forgotten that in my chosen field, I may not be analogous to Eric Clapton playing guitar, but damn, I'm good. I understand something that can make certain radio systems perform a certain way, and there are perhaps 20 or so people in the world who could follow what I'm doing at the moment. It's like climbing Mount Everest, it's like seeing a finished version of the Sistene Chapel for the first time, it's why I do what I do, it's what I do.

Damn, it's good.

At some point, when all legal and professional conditions are satisfied, I'll post about it here.

But I will say this: if you don't have this kind of passion for your work that you hold it like a koan, I wish you did, and I am grateful to you if you've served me, taken my garbage, checked out my groceries, taught my child, or any other such thing that's supported me in this endeavor.

No comments: