I think that this is a useful topic to explore, and while I don't have the time here, would like to raise the questions:
- How is guided meditation like/unlike self-hypnosis or hypnosis and should we care?
- What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- What's the difference between guided meditation and the Buddha's instructions to his disciples on meditation?
- What's the difference between guided mediation and instructions on meditation in general?
- What's the difference between the Zen practices of koan practice and shikan taza and "guided meditation?"
Given that whatever you do, whatever you practice or do not practice, it is you who signs on the dotted line, these questions are important, I think.