Friday, March 12, 2010

Meanwhile, with MY day...

I'm trying to get a lot in this week; there's lots of housekeeping work to do at work, lots of interesting work to do at work, (both inform each other!) and I'm still trying, for health reasons, to get to a weight that actually improves my health a bit. Although, technically, I'm of normal weight (actually, more than 3/4 of all men my age & height weigh more) , certain leading indicators aren't where the doctor or I would like them to be.

So, in addition to hitting the gym twice a week, I've been swimming, something I haven't done since I was a kid.

And I forgot the sheer joy of splashing water around.

You can read in all kinds of places about how swimming's good for you, how it's strange compared to out-of-water aerobic activities, etc.

I just wanted to mention here that it's an interesting way to practice mindfulness in a sort of quasi-Tai Chi like way as you go propelling yourself through the water; it's a medium where you can actually synchronize deep breathing with fluidic motion.

That's all for today; as I said, I'm busy & running late...

No comments: