Friday, May 13, 2005

More fun iPod facts and quirks....




  • Apparently whatever error corrections software they ahve in iTunes, it's a charm: CD songs that were unplayable anywhere else, actually are playable. I've heard "It says here" by Billy Bragg for the first time in about 20 years:

    t says here that the Unions will never learn
    It says here that the economy is on the upturn
    And it says here we should be proud
    That we are free
    And our free press reflects our democracy

    Those braying voices on the right of the House
    Are echoed down the Street of Shame
    Where politics mix with bingo and tits
    In a strictly money and numbers game.



    I mean, that CD had a dent in it...it was unplayable on the 4 or 5 CD players' my wife and I have collectively owned since I bought this CD.

  • One of the strangest things to me is the "most popular" songs that are downloaded from music sources appear to be exactly those that have been played on FM radio most recently. That says to me that younger people are buying this stuff; they simply have no idea what's out there. It also says, unfortunately, that people in my age group are not in the demographic for iPods, which is rather odd: who in our age group doesn't long for music that has disappeared from the airwaves?

  • Penetrating glance into the obvious: Nobody is selling any 11 minute songs for 99 cents.

    You still have to have or by the music to hear The Doors' longer songs.



No comments: