Monday, May 23, 2005

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.



At least that's what I thought of as I read these accolades to the Great Helmsman...

Cou: Though I was born in the 80th, I cherish great admiration for Mao Zedong. What I can not understand is that most of my classmates have a negative attitude towards Mao. I assume it’s not because they have little knowledge of Mao, but because they are taught to be critical of him. I think no matter how history is viewed and assessed, Mao’s contributions and merits cannot be underestimated.

zhl26: In commemoration of Chairman Mao, we should study his thought, learn from the way he governed the country and to cultivate deep feelings for ordinary people.

Fuyu: Why do we commemorate Mao Zedong? Because he was the backbone of the Chinese people.

jjg: My father and grandfather were wronged and persecuted for 5 and 20 years, respectively. But I still think that Mao's merits outweigh his demerits….We can never forget that he helped lay the foundation for the growth of the People’s Republic of China.

Tttvmxl: Mao Zedong turned a brand new page in China's history….We should tell our children about the great forefathers that changed history.

nanhai007: In Mao's times, there were a few corrupt officials and social security was so good that people could sleep with doors unbolted—It is only Mao who could enable people to have the sense of security.

Iamcrazy: It's inappropriate to worship a person without a good understanding of him, including his mistakes.

Iamcrazy: Whoever enables the Chinese people to have enough to eat, people will remember him.





No comments: