Americablog has it right in the last sentence here:
I'm sorry, but ["Gannon's" resignation] hardly settles the matter. He's a family-values-loving reporter with access to the White House, revelations come up linking him with male prostitution, he suddenly quits his job, and we're to say "oh, ok." The White House has some MAJOR explaining to do.
with the real ultimate prize Bush, as we can see from this post on Kos:
White House-credentialed fake news reporter "Jeff Gannon" from fake news agency "Talon News" was cited by the Washington Post as having the only access to an internal CIA memo that named Joseph Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, as a covert CIA agent. Gannon, in a question posed to Wilson in an October 2003 interview, referred to the memo (to which no other news outlet had access, according to the Post). Gannon subsequently has been subpoenaed by the federal grand jury looking into the Plame outing.
If- and it's still an if right now:
- Gannon/Guckert really is tied up in all this prostitution stuff,
- Gannon/Guckert had access to classified documents
- Gannon/Guckert was a paid GOP operative,
Well there's still more questions, now isn't there....
- Was Gannon/Guckert receiving administration payola, like Armstrong Williams?
- Is Gannon/Guckert guilty of any crimes?
- What was the exact nature of the relationship between McClellan and others in the White House and Gannon/Guckert?
It is time for a Special Prosecutor to look into this big time...
Which reminds me...
Have a news tip for Talon News? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org...