Sunday, February 20, 2005

Thanks, darksyd...

who today points us to this slapdown by Ed Bayton of a rather rude conservative fundamentalist.

This part especially bears repeating:

when ...informed that this domain is private property and therefore if I prevented him from commenting here it would no more be censorship than if I stopped him from coming into my home and insulting me, he responded with this delightful little non sequitur:

Oh, so now morally degenerate or ignorant and stupid ideas are private property?




This particular post (read it in its entirety) had to do with gay parenting, but this really applies to much of the demeanor I've seen from conservatives, and religious conservatives in particular, talking about pretty much anything.

It is one reason why I think the Republican Party, as we know it today, must be relegated to the ash-heap of history. That party welcomes with open arms some of the most deluded, hateful, spiteful, bigotted, ignorant mean folks on the planet.

The Democrats used to, but it's been about 40 years since they all left and went Republican.

No comments: