Friday, September 02, 2005

Heathrow Airport blogging - and now for something completely different






Everybody else in the blogosphere can write about the terrible situaton in the south better than I can at this point, so I might as well try "local color" for a bit.

I am waiting in the Star Alliance lounge at Heathrow for my flight to Kansai (Osaka, Japan)- which, unfortunately, is Lufthansa. But at least the internet access is free.

As it happens, I was staying at the Hilton London Metropole hotel for my meeting here in the UK. As it also happens, that hotel is located right near the train station made famous by one of the London bombers. As it also happens, this hotel is right smack dab in the middle of an Arab/Muslim neighborhood. We have a saying back in New York- you don't shit where you sleep. Even though the bomber, Mohammed Sidique Kahn, wasn't from the neighborhood, he must have known - how could he not?- that he would be doing this nasty deed in the middle of a Muslim neighborhood. What an asshole, is all I can think. At any rate, the people in the Lebanese restaurants were warm and friendly, and the food was first rate. I had only found out about the newsworthiness of my immediate locale on the last day I was here, but to be honest, it didn't bother me a bit. Why should it? I'm here to do a job, and have much more tangible issues to concern me in my life. But I can't help but think of what Scotty Peck wrote about evil: not only is evil, well, evil, but it's almost always glaringly stupid and ignorant as well.

Anyway, I'll be glad to get out of the UK, and go to a country where I can exist within my per diem. Japan. Geez, London is expensive.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies afterward he must be
go to see this web page and be up to date all the time.
Feel free to visit my web-site ... Luis Souto ecommerce projects handled Beneteau