Saturday, September 10, 2005

Poll after poll confirms it:




George W. Bush is one of the most unpopular presidents in modern history.

I remember when Jimmy Carter was president- the press was merciless- and Carter had higher approval ratings than George W. Bush has now.

My recollection is somewhat fuzzy, but I think Carter's record deserved at least some of the drubbing he got in the press.

George W. Bush has been orders of magnitude worse: Carter was dead on damned right with energy. (Contrary to right wing crap beings spewed now, the windfall profits tax and odd/even rationing dried up the long gas lines in a heartbeat. Carter gets credit for making gas available, sorry righties. I was there.)

I didn't vote for Carter in 1980 (voted for Barry Commoner) because Carter was too right wing for me. Shoreham and Three Mile Island were big issues then.

I do wish the press were more balanced, reported more about Bush - the Time Magazine scandal involving not reporting on Rove's involvement in the Plame affair is just one example- but it's time - high time- the press at least represented Bush as an unpopular president, because that's exactly what he is.

No comments: